Because there is a huge spectrum of SEO companies out there, the spectrum of quality SEO services is vast. That is, some SEO companies are highly effective and do provide a solid ROI; however, most SEO companies completely suck. If you’re curious about how to pinpoint an SEO company that sucks, then this short post is a must-read. Below I define five tell-tale signs that clearly distinguish amateur and avoidable “SEO companies.”
Ignores Social MediaIf an SEO company fails to consider LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Facebook in its SEO service programs, they won’t be around for much longer. Social media sites are having a profound impact on search engine rankings. Without a cohesive SEO strategy that includes social media, its success is short-lived.
Neglects Technical SEOIn addition to optimizing content, or front-end SEO, it’s absolutely critical to consider the technical aspects of SEO. Some of the best SEO companies put a high level of focus on aspects like:
- if the site has any broken links or mishandled redirects
- whether or not a site makes proper use proper markup language
- the overall fluidity and lack of HTML coding errors of their clients’ websites
- whether or not they have complete, error-free sitemaps (both HTML & XML)
- if a site has duplicate content